Thursday 28 April 2016

Silence on The Tracks

I take a lot of trains. Like a lot a lot. And every regular passenger has their routine when they hit their seat: some people read, some use the time to finish work, but I, like the majority, just pop some earphones in and project a little concert in my head. However yesterday, the unthinkable happened: I forgot my earphones...I know, you're wondering how I survived, it was hard, trust me, but I made it. So as a result, on my journey to Manchester, I was forced to think. So here ladies and gents, are my Unfiltered Thoughts From A Train With No Earphones:

  1.  There's a lot of trees by train tracks. And a lot of shades of green. Oh my God, I'm dying here why am I talking about shades someone send help!
  2. Everyone's on their phone. Like I know I am right now but when did this happen? When did this become the norm? And when did Snake stop being such a big thing? That game was awesome!
  3. It seems someone else has forgotten their earphones, but decided to ignore the fact that everyone else on this train also has ears and may not want to listen to...French is this? Techno French? Wait no I was way off. It's a workout DVD. YOU'RE IN A TRAIN MATE NOT A GYM TURN IT OFF.
  4. I'm always baffled by people who take bikes on trains. You're carrying a form of transport onto another form of transport? ...Logic.
  5. Irlam station is so cute it has a pub and the station actually looks clean...woah.
  6. Eyeing up the competition on the platform to see who I need to beat in order to guarantee a seat is honestly, more thrilling than it should be. Sorry Businessmen 1,2 and 3, looks like you'll be standing today ;)
  7. Why don't people take their rubbish with them!? Having to move your empty coffee cup and crisp packets out of my seat isn't my job, Sunshine.
  8. Who's idea was table seats!? Sitting opposite a total stranger for an hour is just awkward!
  9. I wonder where everyone else is travelling to...
Being forced to notice things was actually surprisingly nice! It may sound silly but to be completely alone in public, and I don't mean without a friend, but without something to do; without the comfort of my favourite playlist; to just be present in time surrounded by other people was so interesting. I even wouldn't mind forgetting my earphones again...

-Liv :)

1 comment:

  1. And the pub/cafe at Irlam station is just as cute on the inside!! You should stop there one day x

    ReplyDelete